Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay is announcing our newest program to help Littles beyond high school.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay is excited to introduce our newest program: Big Futures. This program will allow us to expand our services to continue helping Littles beyond their high school years. This program will serve Alumni Littles up to age 26 with support and guidance in making educational and career decisions with the goal that they are enrolled, enlisted or employed after high school and earning a living wage by age 26.
Big Futures will help set Alumni Littles up for success by assisting with career planning, enrolling in post-secondary education, assistance with financial aid, developing workplace skills, applying for scholarships, writing resumes, and applying and interviewing for jobs. This will be done in a few practical ways, such as:
- Goal setting and accountability
- Directing matches to resources that align with set goals
- Offering workshops and special events
- Developing community relationships that result in unique education and career opportunities for Alumni Littles
To apply for the Big Futures program, a Community-Based, Site-Based, or School-to-Work Little must have:
- Graduated from high school, or
- Will graduate high school in the Spring, or
- Is 18 years of age or older
If you are interested in applying for the Big Futures program or your organization would like to partner with us to provide services to our Alumni Littles, please reach out to Dallas Ruffin, 813-769-3618 or DallasR@BBBSTampaBay.org