Today marks the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month! Hispanic Heritage Month occurs annually from September 15 through October 15, offering an opportunity for Bigs, Littles, and families to explore the beauty of the Hispanic culture together.
National Hispanic Heritage Month seeks to recognize the contributions and influence of Hispanic Americans to the history, culture, and achievements of the United States. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay encourages our Matches to learn about Hispanic cultures in various ways, such as cooking a Latine dish, reading a book that celebrates Hispanic heritage, or creating fun crafts together. Check out these ideas and activities you can do with a child in your life!
1. Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month at Home: scholastic.com
2. 8 Kid-Friendly Hispanic Heritage Month Recipes: inspiredbyfamilymag.com
3. Latin American Crafts for Kids to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month: growingupbilingual.com
4. 15 Picture Books that Celebrate Hispanic Heritage for Kids: readbrightly.com
5. 9 Fun Activities to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month: extendednotes.com
6. Hispanic Heritage Month History Video: Youtube.com
7. Hispanic Heritage Month- Poetry for Teens: colorincolorado.org
8. Hispanic Heritage Month- Song and Dance for Younger Littles: beccasmusicroom.com
9. Additional Resources: elcentronc.org
Want to ignite the potential of a child in your community? Become a mentor or Big, and be a positive role model and friend to a kid who needs one.