After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it’s Giving Tuesday, a global day to celebrate and support the power of giving and philanthropy.
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 by a team at the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact at the 92nd Street Y in New York City to connect diverse groups across the globe for one common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving. After Black Friday and Cyber Monday is Giving Tuesday, a 24-hour social media giving challenge to show support for community organizations through donations and charitable acts.
Here’s how you can celebrate Giving Tuesday with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay and defend potential:
- Celebrate the value of giving directly to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay by clicking here.
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser and encourage your Facebook friends to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
- Facebook and PayPal will match up to $7 million in donations through Facebook Fundraisers starting at 8am on November 27th
- Learn how to set up your Facebook Fundraiser here.
- Celebrate the value of service and give your time by becoming a Big, learn more here.
- Give your voice by sharing your BBBS Tampa Bay story on social media and by liking & sharing our stories on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Your generosity on Giving Tuesday will empower potential within every young person. Together, let’s clear a path to each child’s biggest possible future!