April 22nd is Earth Day, a day focused on promoting a clean and healthy, sustainable habitat for people and wildlife alike. Celebrating Earth Day serves as a conscious reminder of how fragile our planet is and how important it is to protect it. Here are ten simple activities that you and your Little can do to celebrate together!
- Start a garden
- Join a community cleanup—Find local community cleanups with Keep Florida Beautiful
- Have a recycling contest to see who can collect the most recyclables throughout the week
- Paint some terracotta pots and plant a variety of flowers or herbs in them
- Read books about environmental issues—Check out this list of the best Earth Day books for kids
- Gather sticks, leaves, and flowers to make a natural collage
- Go for a bike ride
- Build a bird feeder
- Go to your local thrift shop and find a cheap item to upcycle together
- Start a composting project
Want more eco-conscious activities? We Are Teachers has activities for Littles of all ages!
Learn how you can become a Big and be a positive, supportive mentor for youth in our community at one of our Big Orientation & Training info sessions. View our schedule.